Anglican Archbishop Dr John Holder (right) addressing the media. He was accompanied by Rev Dr James Tengatenga (centre) and chairman of the communication committee of the Barbados Diocese Sam Wilkinson. (Picture by WILLCOM.)
- Credit Unions join Social Partnership Read More
- Beale: Rise up against banks Read More
- Alleyne dominate Cross Country Relays Read More
- Alan: Son Josh a cut above me Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- New song from George Michael nearly three years after his death Read More
ONE OF THE REGION’S most prominent Christian leaders has denounced the actions of members of the faith who ridicule and condemn those in the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) community.
Archbishop of the West Indies and Anglican Bishop of Barbados Dr John Holder went as far as to label their stance as misreading and misinterpretation of the Bible.
At a press conference yesterday, he held fast to the province’s position that every human being should be treated as a child of God irrespective of their sexual orientation.
And he described as “sad” Christians who ridiculed other human beings and “give the impression that they are children of the devil and not children of God”. (WILLCOMM)
Please read the full story in today’s Weekend Nation, or in the eNATION edition.