- Record job creation in US Read More
- Some Facebook advertisers threaten to withdraw Read More
- Better odds for WI with Root out Read More
- Bats must stand up, says Brooks Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Sesame Street special tackles COVID Read More
TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMPETITORS Cable Wireless and Digicel have dismissed reports that they are to become one under the ownership of international cable TV giant Liberty Global.
The information was also rejected by Minister of Commerce Donville Inniss, who is responsible for telecommunications sector regulator, the Fair Trading Commission.
Information reportedly circulating yesterday on social media and via email asserted that “in the next six weeks Barbados telecommunications industry will be changed back to a monopoly”.
The author claimed to be a former longstanding employee of “LIME/Flow” and said they were a shareholder of the company. (SC)
Please read the full story in today’s Weekend Nation, or in the eNATION edition.