Nicholas Shepherd’s aunt Jennifer Simmons and cousin Karen Shepherd said they were in shock following his death. (Picture by Ricardo Leacock)
- Marriott buying Elegant Read More
- CTO undergoing restructuring Read More
- ‘Take a break, Suki’ Read More
- Burke knocks poor facilities Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Entertainment minister demands withdrawal of Jamaica branded items for sale online Read More
THE DEATH OF Nicholas “Ninja” Shepherd (below) has left his family members and residents of Marchfield Close, St Philip, reeling following a most unusual tragedy.
Yesterday the 35-year old left home just after noon to pick mangoes from a nearby tree. But according to reports, while he was up high, he was greeted by a swarm of bees that ultimately caused him to lose his life.
Police said that the father of four was pronounced dead at the scene after they received the first report around 1:52 p.m.
When the WEEKEND NATION visited the community, several people described him as a “quiet”, “cool” person who would be missed. (TG)
Please read the full story in today’s Weekend Nation, or in the eNATION edition.