President of the Athletics Association of Barbados Catherine Jordan. (FILE)
- interCaribbean Airways plans to push ahead Read More
- Apple files countersuit against Fortnite developers Read More
- Moseleys reach semis Read More
- Bucks forward is NBA's Most Valuable Player for second year Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Reggae singer Toots passes away Read More
BARBADOS’ medal–winning effort at the World Relays may all be for naught.
The men’s 4x100 relay squad and Barbados’ other IAAF World Championships qualifiers could be missing from the London line-up next month, as the National Sports Council (NSC) is still to provide funding for the team to travel two weeks before the meet.
Athletics Association of Barbados (AAB) president Catherine Jordan confirmed the news in a telephone interview yesterday as her body awaits word ahead of the August 4 start to the games.
“I have started to talk to the Sports Council already so I am hopeful something gets done the closer we get to the championships because it’s a shame that this would happen after our team did so well at the World Relays with a silver medal,” said Jordan. (JM)
Please read the full story in today’s Saturday Sun, or in the eNATION edition.