There are no activities at the Belleplaine Community Centre. (Picture by Nigel Browne.)
- Zuckerberg grilled about acquisitions Read More
- Tech hearing postponed Read More
- Footballers can now be sent off for coughing Read More
- Rowley: No public risk from CPL Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Oprah to tackle racism in new series Read More
In response to numerous calls and complaints, the WEEKEND NATION has brought this series looking at abandoned Government buildings that are eyesores and health hazards. This is the final edition of the eight-part series.
THE PEOPLE of Belleplaine, St Andrew are less than pleased with what they see as the mass exodus of Government entities.
Over the years, they have seen the exit of the community centre, courtroom, police station, the Elayne Scantlebury Centre and Ministry of Transport and Works depot, some of which have been left derelict.
When a WEEKEND NATION team stopped by the Elayne Scantlebury Centre, four men – Winston Ramsay, Keith Newton, Ralph Morris and Jeffrey Blackman – were shooting the breeze nearby. The men said they felt abandoned. (CA)
Please read the full story in today’s Weekend Nation, or in the eNATION edition.