Fire destroyed a car and house at Cave Wood Road, St Michael today. (Picture by Reco Moore)
- Guyana welcomes non-stop flight by JetBlue Read More
- Butterfield axes jobs in Bermuda and Cayman Islands Read More
- Swimmers salute Bellamy Read More
- Patriots take down unbeaten Knight Riders Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Ewan McGregor in new Star Wars series Read More
FIRE HAS DEALT a cruel double blow to a St Michael family of four.
While Margaret Belgrave and her family were outside waiting on the Barbados Fire Service to respond to a burning car, their home also caught afire.
Both were destroyed.
Belgrave, of Cave Wood Road, St Michael, told NATION Online her daughter, who also lived at the house with her two children, woke her around 2 a.m., telling her the car alarm had sounded and the vehicle was on fire.
Nothing was saved from the wood and wall structure which is behind the Barbados Community College.
Up to the time of writing, Belgrave and her family were in the process of finding alternative accommodation. (SAT)