Posted on

Crop Over ease call


rhondathompson, [email protected]

Crop Over ease call

Social Share
Share

Minister of Finance and Economic Affairs Chris Sinckler has advised the Value Added Tax Department not to “bother” promoters over acquiring and paying for entertainment licences this Crop Over season, but ensure that they follow the rules next year.
During a town hall meeting at the Queen’s Park Steel Shed last Tuesday night, Acting Senior Auditor David Bostic, in the VAT Department, revealed that some proprietors and promoters had been blatantly refusing to comply with regulations requiring entertainment licences, despite repeated pleas from the department.
He said when the department took over responsibility for issuing public entertainment licences from Inland Revenue in 2006, only three or four people were complying.
Bostic said that on recognizing the low level of compliance the department had sought to enforce the law by sending yearly renewal letters to proprietors who should be paying the $150 fee. (MM)
Full story in today’s SATURDAY SUN.

LAST NEWS