Posted on

Wales hand Milan walking ticket

shadiasimpson, [email protected]

Wales hand Milan walking ticket

Social Share

WEYMOUTH WALES showed no mercy  on two-time champions Youth Milan, booting  them out of the Digicel Premier League with  a 4-0 drubbing at the Wildey Football AstroTurf Sunday night.
The returning  Dwayne Stanford, after completing a five-match ban, gave Youth Milan their ticket to Division One football next year with goals in the 50th  and 84th minutes.
Ironically, Stanford  had been out of action following a post-match fracas with Youth Milan’s defender Corey “Santa” Barrow when the teams met in the first round after the Checker Hall,  St Lucy-based side had won only their second match of the season.
His double strike carried him to ten goals, just one fewer than the Premiership’s joint top goalscorers, Dayrells Road’s Tristan “Fishy” Parris and Gall Hill’s Jabarry Chandler.
Anthony Forde (52nd) and Kemar Headley  (73rd) were also on target for Wales, who slipped into third position  on 29 points.
It was the 12th loss  in 17 matches this season for Youth Milan, who have been a fixture in top flight football for the past  two decades after earning promotion in 1993.
The previous year, Youth Milan, who badly missed the services of injured midfielder Dwayne “Boot” Griffith this season, attracted one of the biggest crowds seen at the National Stadium for football when they lost  0-1 to Empire in the Knockout Cup final.
With former Barbados captain Norman Forde at the forefront, Youth Milan won the Premier League in 2006 and in 2011, while they were knockout kings in 2002 and 2009.
In the other Premier League match, a brace  by Zico Edmee gave  nine-time champs, Claytons Kola Tonic  Notre Dame a hard-fought 3-2 triumph over  DirecTV Paradise.
Edmee scored in the 13th and 36th minutes and Lester Vaughan schoolboy Hayden Holligan added another  in the 23rd minute  as the Dames led 3-0.
Armando “Suga” Lashley pulled back a goal for Paradise in the 40th but by the time Zomo Harris netted in the first minute (91st) of injury time, it was a little  too late.
The Dames are fifth  on 27 points and Paradise sixth on 25 points  with each team having  one match left.
Meanwhile, Gall Hill have moved on to the  next round of the KFC Champions Cup after defeating Blackspurs 7-0 in their rescheduled match last Sunday evening.
Teenager Shaquille Boyce had a first-half  hat-trick with goals  in the 12th, 13th and  44th minutes as the Christ Church side  led 4-0 at break.
Ryan Griffith’s brace came on either side of the half, in the 36th and  53rd minutes, and Chandler got in on the act late in the match with  two more goals in the  64th and 88th minutes.
Gall Hill will take  on BDF in their  quarter-final cup match tomorrow at 8 p.m., while the Division One clash between UWI and Silver Sands will kick off  at 6:30 p.m. (EZS)