Fire won’t ‘burn her future’
JENETHER HOLDIPP-MCCOLLIN is not letting a fire stop her from continuing her business.
On November 16, her 14-year-old business, Jenny’s Upholstery, disappeared from Bank Hall Cross Road, St Michael, when it was destroyed by fire. Nothing was saved.
But from last Monday, the Glenburnie, St John, resident was back on her old spot working hard again. However, it has not been easy and the story is ongoing.
“Someone lent me a machine to start with and I had to buy a new generator for current and rent a container to work from,” she said, adding the telephone line was back in order as well.
In addition to the $40 000 in losses incurred by the fire, she had to spend more money to keep going, but she said there was no looking back now.
“I have faith in the almighty. We’ve gone too far to let anyone keep us down,” she said.