Richards and Isolation in transfer row
THREE MONTHS into the domestic cricket season, former Barbados opening batsman Dale Richards is yet to step foot on the field because of a transfer dispute with Isolation Cavaliers.
After representing the St Andrew club with tremendous success for three successive seasons in the lower divisions of the Barbados Cricket Association (BCA), the 39-year-old Richards handed in a transfer request just prior to the start of the season in May with a view to rejoining the neighbouring Conrad Hunte Sports Club.
Richards, who previously turned out for Carlton in the top league, claimed that the request was turned down by Isolation Cavaliers, which he said told him he would first have to settle a debt of $4 000.
Please read the full story in today’s Sunday Sun, or in the eNATION edition.