BWU wants answers from company
THE BARBADOS WORKERS’ UNION (BWU) is seeking answers from a construction company which the union said terminated a group of drivers who refused to accept a 50 per cent wage cut.
The general secretary of the BWU, Toni Moore, raised the issue yesterday at the union’s annual conference, saying it had been drawn to her attention on Friday and that she would be dealing with it early tomorrow.
Some of the displaced drivers who attended the conference told the SUNDAY SUN that they received letters on Friday indicating that their hourly rate was being cut from $12 to six dollars.
“Two years ago it was cut from $15 to $12 and we agreed with that but we cannot accept this,” a spokesman for the group said.
Please read the full story in today’s Sunday Sun, or in the eNATION edition.