Posted on

Cops say gun probe still on


JOHN BOYCE

Cops say gun probe still on

Social Share
Share

Police are continuing investigations into the seizure of illegal guns in car parts in the Bridgetown Port in September this year.

The cache, which was said to have arrived from Trinidad and Tobago, consisted of six firearms and four rounds of ammunition. This was part of a larger crackdown in four separate operations in which 16 firearms and 593 rounds of assorted ammunition were seized by Customs officers and the Anti-Gun Unit of the Police Force.

When contacted, police public relations officer, Acting Inspector Roland Cobbler, said that there were no new developments in the case and it was an ongoing investigation.

Meanwhile, Cobbler said that investigations into the high-end car racket in which vehicles were imported into Barbados without the proper documentation are also continuing.

“I am not aware of any new developments and the status quo on the vehicles remains the same,” the Acting Inspector told the SATURDAY SUN.

Regarding the night of gunfire at Black Rock earlier this year when there were reports that in excess of 1 000 gunshots were fired as a group of men celebrated the homecoming of two men who were freed from prison, Cobbler said there were no new leads, but investigations were also ongoing. (JB)

LAST NEWS