Posted on

Hunt for killer


Hunt for killer

Social Share

TWENTY-FOUR HOURS after Onica King was stabbed to death in front of her two children, and as rumours surrounding the capture of her husband swirled, her family is remaining tight-lipped on the incident.

And one Government agency is moving swiftly to help the children.

King, 36, who lived at Leadvale, Christ Church, with her husband David King, became the island’s latest murder victim on Saturday. Police continue their hunt for the killer.

When a DAILY NATION team visited the area where the couple lived yesterday afternoon, relatives declined to speak. However, several residents said they were not familiar with Onica, who was a Guyanese.



One woman, though, said the situation was shocking because whenever she saw the couple on their way to work, they appeared to be in great spirits.

Meanwhile, police public relations officer Acting Inspector Rodney Inniss dismissed rumours that the husband had been apprehended.

The allegation made the rounds via a voice note on WhatsApp which suggested that a man was caught at Grantley Adams International Airport attempting to flee the island.

“That is a rumour. That is not true,” Inniss said, adding that no one was yet in custody.

However, lawmen yesterday issued a wanted notice for the husband and are asking him to turn himself in, in the company of a friend or an attorney.

Meanwhile, Minister of Social Care Steve Blackett said the couple’s two children, who witnessed the act, would be getting counselling.

Help for children


“I know that the Child Care Board has come on board and is offering services and is offering counselling. That is my principal aim to have those children counselled,” Blackett said on CBC-TV last night.

As he decried acts of domestic violence, the minister said he hoped estranged parties could solve their issues “before they reach the point where a life is lost. It saddens me every time something like this happens”.

The nail technician’s death brought businesses on Swan Street to a halt on Saturday when she was killed around 2:45 p.m. at her work in Mandela Mall.

A large crowd thronged the street as they tried to catch a glimpse of the body which remained at the scene until around 5:45 p.m. Businesses also closed.

King was the tenth murder victim for the year. (TG/HLE)