Posted on

Sandals Resorts regains approval


Sandals Resorts regains approval
Sandals Barbados. (Internet Image.)

Share

Sandals Resorts International on Tuesday announced that the Ministry of Health and Wellness had reversed an earlier decision to delist Sandals Barbados as a designated quarantine hotel.

The decision had taken effect on January 5.

“This week, Sandals Resorts International has once again been named as an officially approved accommodation in the island of Barbados by the Ministry of Health,” a media statement said.

“This news comes on the heels of reports which also included information regarding protocol breaches by visitors implied to be associated with Sandals.

“Sandals Resorts wishes to go on record to extend thanks to the Ministry of Health and the Chief Medical Officer (CMO) for dispelling the latter reports and for quickly convening with Sandals representatives for ongoing discussions,” the statement said.

Sandals noted that “on the immediate invitation from the resort, a detailed inspection was carried out, led by Ronald Chapman, head of the Barbados COVID Monitoring Unit, and afforded a first-hand, closer observation of the resorts’ protocols in action”.

This, the company said, included the unprecedented steps already implemented since mid-December to separate the two resorts, allowing for adherence to quarantine requirements.

“With only five days having passed since the initial decision, this reversal speaks to the commitment and robust nature of our procedures, which have always closely aligned with the national requirements of the Barbadian government and serve as a testament to the hard work and dedication of the resort team members charged with its implementation,” said general manager Ramel Sobrino.

“We are more than pleased with these findings which show our Platinum Protocols of Cleanliness working as they should. We are delighted our protocols have been endorsed by Mr Chapman, the CMO and Ministry of Health which has led to the reinstating of the resorts. As partners in this together, we are heartened at the timely reversal.”

Sandals Resorts said that from the beginning of the pandemic, steps had been taken to ensure the health and safety of its guests and team members in order to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and minimise risks.

Sandals said it remained committed to working closely with the Ministry of Health and the CMO and to avoid any undue complications in the future. (PR)

Leave a Reply

LAST NEWS