Laundry room blaze scares family
It was a close call for the Haynes family in Olive Drive, Crane, St Philip, yesterday as the laundry and storage rooms of the neighbouring Crane Resort caught ablaze after 5 p.m.
Just before 6 p.m., residents were seen removing the contents from Trevor Haynes’ four-bedroom house while thick plumes of black smoke blanketed the air.
Loud explosions could be heard occasionally from 7:27 p.m.,as scores of onlookers gathered at various vantage points.
Haynes, who was less than ten minutes away from home when he saw the smoke, said his heart was in his hands as he feared his house was burning once more.
“I was just hoping that it wasn’t my house,” he said. “It was only when I came around I saw that it was actually above my house. It gave me a little fright when I saw it. I was like, not again, not again.” (SB)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android