Quick action by Rosalind McCollin and Mervin Greaves averted a major fire tonight in Haynesville. (Picture by Ricardo Leacock)
- Zuckerberg grilled about acquisitions Read More
- Tech hearing postponed Read More
- Footballers can now be sent off for coughing Read More
- Rowley: No public risk from CPL Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Oprah to tackle racism in new series Read More
QUICK ACTION by a Haynesville, St James couple averted major damage to their home tonight.
According to occupant Rosalind Mccollin, “I was home and all I heard was ‘pax, pax’ and when I went upstairs, I saw the light bulb socket burning. Me and my boyfriend [Mervin Greaves] took turns in trying to put out the fire and we were able to [do so] by the time the Fire Service arrived.”
The damage was confined to the upstairs part of the government unit at Block 15. A bed and a television set were also damaged.
Two fire tenders under the command of acting Station Officer Clarence Hinds responded. (RL)